On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2008 22:52:08 Dale wrote:
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>
>> > It got worse with kernel 2.6.28, btw, especially mouse cursor
>> > movement.  It gets stuck and skips very noticeably.  Fortunately, it's
>> > not a point yet where I would describe it as unusable, but if the
>> > trend continues, desktop will be totally unusable by 2.6.31/32 when
>> > doing something that produces load.
>>
>> So it is not just me that has screwy mouse movement.  I been using a old
>> kernel for a while now and even thought it was just a wrong setting on
>> my part.
>>
>> Has anyone been telling the kernel folks about this problem so they can
>> fix it or roll something back?

Getting in a little late but my AMD64 machine's mouse died so I
grabbed a VERY cheap $6 Microsoft mouse I had received for free some
years ago and never used. It works but often jumps to one corner or
another at odd times. It sits atop one of my Gentoo Linux mouse pads
and I've noticed that if I turn the mouse pad 45 degrees it happens
far more often.

I figured it was just a cheap mouse. It hadn't occurred to me that it
might be a driver issue...

- Mark