Hartmut Figge wrote:

> To recall. You have renamed ~/.mozilla, SM newly emerged so that it
> creates a new ~/.mozilla at the next start, not installed any extension
> and have now only the default plugin in about:plugins.
>
> And your SM crashes at http://wireless.att.com/
>
> Interesting. :)

A few days ago, I did rename .mozilla to .mozilla.old and it worked
fine.  Then I copied over my emails, password files and bookmarks.  I
did notice that when I pointed the prefs.js file to the correct password
file, it started messing up shortly after that.  Keep in mind that all I
did is correct the name of the password file.  I guess it could be that
something is messed up with the password file.  After all, I do have to
enter my login and password there.  I would assume it would access the
password file at some point in loading the page.

> No, that doesn't help. Before i disabled the crashreporter in my SM2 with
>
> ----- ~/.mozconfig -----
> ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
> ---------------
>
> i got a popup window in case of a crash with informations, which could
> be sent to mozilla.org to automatically generate a meaningful report.
> But SM1? I don't remember. Too much time.
>
> But you had modified your profile and your prefs.js by hand. Was not
> necessary for testing the URL.
>
> Create a new profile with Tools->Switch Profile->Manage Profiles...,
> switch to it and do nothing else than calling http://wireless.att.com/
> in the browser.
>
> Crash again? If so, then i would fetch
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.16/seamonkey-1.1.16.en-US.linux-i686.tar.gz,
> put it in a new dir in home, e.g. ~/.sm-test, decompress it there,
> change to the dir seamonkey and issue there ./seamonkey after renaming
> ~/.mozilla to e.g. ~/.mozilla-old-2.
>
> Hm, is 'issue' the right verb? *g*
>
> And, you had never run SM with sudo, right? This could severely damage
> your profile.
>
> Hartmut

I would hate to have to install it locally that way.  I sort of let
portage handle all that.  I mess up enough already with portage helping
me.  lol

I have ran Seamonkey as root before but never used sudo.  I have never
used sudo for anything actually.  I have to use root to install adblock
or it doesn't work.  That is the only time I use it as root tho.  I got
that link bookmarked.  I go to it, install adblock and then close it.

I'm hoping this new version will fix something.  Other wise, I may try a
new profile without copying my passwords file.  I would hate to loose
those.  I use several different passwords depending on the site.  May
also try Seamonkey2.

Time will tell I guess.

Dale

:-)  :-)