On  7 Jan, Mark Knecht wrote:
> 2) The idea of end-users installing ebuilds themselves from an unknown
> individual delivered through an email list is about as insane as it
> could be. Just what I need is an untested ebuild that I install and
> build myself stealing everything on my system.
>
> As a user and someone who cares about Gentoo I'd like to see ALL
> ebuilds banned from this list. Only takes one bad seed and one
> not-very knowledgeable user like me to give the distro a black eye it
> doesn't deserve.

This is nonsense!
This list is just a source of information.
Nobody is forced to install anything nor does this
list shuffle off responsibility when maintaining
a Gentoo system.

Furthermore, I'm quite convinced that admins using Gentoo
know what they are doing, especially those subscribed to this
list.

Thanks for beeing concerned about our well-being,
and a HAPPY new year to you,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch