Sensitivity is the equilibrium change in global-mean temperature per unit of radiative forcing. Linearity has been demonstrated up to much higher forcings than will ever be reached by even the most pessimistic scenarios.

Early IPCC reports might cover this. I recall work by Kiehl on this back in the mid 1980s -- too far back to recall the reference.

Tom.