Ken

I understand that methane concentrations are now about 1.8 parts per million, still much less than those of CO2 but that methane accounts for about one third of the warming of CO2. Would things change if there were sudden large increases in the rate of methane release as suggested by Semiletov and Shakhova?

Stephen

Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design
Institute for Energy Systems
School of Engineering
Mayfield Road
University of Edinburgh EH9  3JL