If inventing a way to convert nitrogen from air into chemicals qualifies as
geoengineering, it isn't even close to being the first example.  I.e. when
the first hominid moved the first rock out of the way to get into the first
cave, according to Morton's reasoning, geoengineering began.  See:
Wilkinson B. H. *Geology 33, 161 - 164 (2005)* *Humans as geologic agents:
 A deep-time perspective.*

>From the abstract:  "Humans are now an order of magnitude more important at
moving sediment than the sum of all other natural processes operating on
the surface of the planet".

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 4:16:29 AM UTC-7, geoengineeringourclimate wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Oli Morton of The Economist has penned an Opinion Article for the
> 'Geoengineering Our Climate?' series titled "Nitrogen Geoengineering"

  • [geo] Oli ... Geoengineering Our Climate (eds. Blackstock, Miller and Rayner)
    • [geo]... David Lewis
      • R... Andrew Lockley
      • [... O Morton
        • ... Andrew Lockley