Ken etal:

     Since we are still offering modifications today, let me try an alternative
approach, defining exclusions rather than inclusions.   This removes a
comparative and the word "not".   This still keeps I think your intent and much
of your language (although I returned to "removal" rather than "reduction").
Following the recommendation  from Jim Thomas,  this starts off with the CBD
definition (which I like - and solves the UN problem Jim points out).  The new
CBD start is a longer version of your point #1, which (below:  "intended to
affect climate") could replace it

  “Geoengineering" is 1)  a deliberate intervention in the planetary
environment of a nature and scale intended to counteract anthropogenic climate
change and its impacts,
    but
   2)   excluding those interventions that are a direct consequence of the
removal of anthropogenic aerosols and/or greenhouse gas concentrations.,
       if
   3)   they have a de minimis effect on an international commons or across
international borders.

The new "if" between 2) and 3) [which are re-ordered]  is intended to keep as a
geoengineering approach any CDR approach that has a potentially large impact
outside of a single country.    I think "if" was your intent.   I couldn't make
"and" or "or"  (instead of "if") cover weird cases.  So some CDR cases are
still geoengineering.  A large positive effect in the commons or boundary is
covered by the words "intended to counteract".

Ron