From: Greg Rau <gh...@sbcglobal.net>
Date:23/03/2015 01:22 (GMT+01:00)
To: kcalde...@gmail.com
Cc: "Hester, Tracy" <tdhes...@central.uh.edu>, geoengineering
<geoengineering@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [geo] First U.S. state proposed legislation on climate engineering

According to their definition, yes, Ken, you are under arrest:
"(6) "Geoengineering" means activities specifically and deliberately designed
to effect a change in the area climate, with the intent or purpose of
minimizing or masking anthropogenic climate change, including global warning.
Such actions may include, but are not limited to, the following:

(i) Attempts to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere; and

(ii) Solar radiation management or cloud whitening, or similar process whereby
aerosols, particles, chemicals, gases, vapors, or other compounds are injected
into the atmosphere to reflect a portion of the sun's radiation back into
space. "

I would also warn Rhode Islanders about the use of fertilizer.  If we get any
inkling that you are adding nutrients to plants for the purpose of increasing
CO2 removal and storage, you will be met with the full force of the law.  This
goes double for soil liming.  Don't even think about doing this in the ocean.
Meanwhile, continue to emit CO2 to your heart's content.

Greg

Sent from the Rau's iPad

On Mar 22, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Ken Caldeira