let me further refine the hierarchy  (priority) as
1         CDR                                 required
2         CDR    +   SRM                possible
3         SRM                                  unlikely
(where 3 may be required to mitigate ocean heat content )
 mitigation and adaptation to emissions are not included as they are
essential for all scenarios

I dont have any issue with research into SRM - the question about
implementation concerns risk/return and this is a complex socio economic
problem - not an all conquering  grand engineering scheme in the way that
it is usually presented
LDM