Hi Jukka,

Thank you for continuing to help on this issue :)

On 8/02/2018, at 8:49 AM, Rahkonen Jukka (MML)
<jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi<mailto:jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi>>
 wrote:

Hi,

This may be a somewhat hard case. Could you verify first that the origin is at
150.260 degrees E, and 0 degrees N as geographical coordinates? And could you
also verify

Yes it is 150 longitude east and 0 degrees latitude.

There does not seem to be full consensus about the axis order or EPSG:2193. As
I wrote earlier, in the EPSG database it is defined to use North-East axis order
http://epsg-registry.org/export.htm?wkt=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2193

North, East is correct.

However, GeoServer 2.12.2 prints that it has East-North axis order
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/web/wicket/bookmarkable/org.geoserver.web.demo.SRSDescriptionPage?3&code=EPSG:2193

Maybe this is the issue. Actually it’s strange because in tools like GDAL do
not seem to report the axis order when it used to report it:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2013-March/035624.html. The is the
current report from gdalsrs (GDAL 2.2.3):

gdalsrsinfo  -o wkt -p  "EPSG:2193"

PROJCS["NZGD2000 / New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000",
    GEOGCS["NZGD2000",
        DATUM["New_Zealand_Geodetic_Datum_2000",
            SPHEROID["GRS 1980",6378137,298.257222101,
                AUTHORITY["EPSG","7019"]],
            TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0],
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","6167"]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
        UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","4167"]],
    PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
    PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
    PARAMETER["central_meridian",173],
    PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],
    PARAMETER["false_easting",1600000],
    PARAMETER["false_northing",10000000],
    UNIT["metre",1,
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","2193”]]

Note no axis order. Maybe the tools to convert the EPSG database have changed?
I will ask on the GDAL-Dev list

FYI when we serve WFS 2.0 using geoserver, we use the SRS format as
"urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2193” to report y/x order.

AXIS["Easting", EAST],
  AXIS["Northing", NORTH],

First thing that should be checked is to make sure which axis order Geoserver
is really using internally for EPSG:2193.

Yes that would be good.

At this point I can only say that as I understand it the correct bounding box
according to WMTS standard should be

  bbox: [3087000, -1000000, 10000000, 3327000]

I’m not sure about this. But OGC standards are always unclear about this stuff!
Page 27 of the WMTS 1.0 standard defines topLeftCorner as

"Position in CRS coordinates of the top-left corner of this tile matrix”

I guess that might assume using CRS axis order.

However in saying this we have implemented WMTS solutions that work well in
QGIS, leaflet, OL4 and ArcGIS clients and the topLeftCorner has been defined as
10000000.0 -1000000.0.

See working WMTS feeds which have the NZTM tile grid:

* https://tiles.maps.linz.io/nz_colour_basemap/WMTSCapabilities.xml
*
https://data.linz.govt.nz/services;key=2b4277ae2e8d4d0399990291f50a0ad5/wmts/1.0.0/layer/50767/WMTSCapabilities.xml

Regards,
Jeremy

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be
subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received
this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or
i...@linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no
responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its
transmission from LINZ. Thank You.