Dear Ben,
My apologies for omitting the list from the recipients.
I had included the netcdf-out plugin but I had not included the jna jar.How I
did this twice, I have still to figure out.
I added the jar and the warning is gone.
Thank you for your time, my apologies for taking so much of your time for
something that was only an overlook from my side.
Best regards,Maria.

    Στις 11:54 μ.μ. Σάββατο, 3 Μαρτίου 2018, ο/η Ben Caradoc-Davies
<b...@transient.nz> έγραψε:

 Maria, replies on-list please so everyone can benefit and assist.

Did you install the netcdf-out plugin? Is the next line after the
"Nc4Iosp: NetCDF-4" warning "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/jna/Library"?

The netcdf-out plugin provides the jna jar, required to load the native
libraries. Without this plugin, the plain netcdf plugin will work fine,
but the Unidata netcdf4 jar it includes will still try and fail to load
the native libraries, producing the "Nc4Iosp: NetCDF-4" warning you see
followed by "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jna/Library". Once
you install the netcdf-out plugin, together with the libnetdcf11 library
you have already installed, everything should just work with no
"Nc4Iosp: NetCDF-4" warning. I have tested this on Ubuntu 16.04.4.

"Stock" just means standard, with no extra packages like an OSGeoLive or
other rebuilt iso image. It looks like you are using standard packages.

The locate results are as expected. The shorter filename will be a
symbolic link to the longer. This is normal.

Kind regards,
Ben.

Director
Transient Software Limited <https://transient.nz/>