Hello all,
I’m new to the GeoTools community and to GIS. I’ve
searched the archives and couldn’t find any
posts/examples on handling Virtual Earth Tile requests
(like this one
http://viavirtualearth.com/vve/Articles/WMS.ashx).
Basically I’d like to create a java based proxy
Servlet that would 1) convert the VE QUAD tile
requests to bounding box coordinates, 2) transform
those coordinates to the appropriate ESPG VE reference
system, 3) send the appropriate request based on the
transformed coordinates to a GeoServer WMS, 4) Stream
the WMS results back to the VE map control.

I understand everything except the transform part.
Does the community have any sample code to transform
the Virtual Earth used WGS84 datum to what I guess
would be some “Mercator projection using a datum based
on WGS84, BUT modified to be spheric”?

Thanks in advance!
Coop