Note that there was a small bug fix to the 900913 transform, I think for
high zoom levels, that didn't make it in to 1.5.3.  So you may try to
download the 1.5.x nightly (http://geo.openplans.org/nightlies/1.5.x/ I
think is the url) and see if that fixes your problem.

Note also that the transform I don't believe is in GeoTools yet, it's
still just in geoserver.

And I'm am pretty sure that the fixed 900913 transform should work for
virtual earth, as it's the same projection google uses afaik (the original
post that led the OS community to figure this out was VE and GMaps)

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project