On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Joerg Wunsch <j...@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
> As Sergey Alyoshin wrote:
>> I can't reproduce it on 64 and 32-bit systems with file
>> example/protel-pnp/SE_SG_IF_V2.GTL
> It's not easy to reproduce.  It happened as part of a complex panel
> (panelizing 13 sub-PCBs).  When using the files that caused the
> problem in a single, separate project, they did work though.
> Anyway, comparing floating-point numbers other than ±0.0, NaN or ±Inf
> for equality is always error-prone.  It would probably work if gerbv
> internally consistently used constants like M_PI for both assignment
> and comparison, but as of now, it flips back and forth between degrees
> and radians.
> Thus, I think the really only safe option is to compare for less than
> a small epsilon rather than equality.

Maybe for clarity check against DBL_EPSILON instead of 1e-6?

>> Do you do rotation from command line or GUI?
> GUI.  It's a rather complex job consisting of 112 layers for all
> sub-PCBs.  Apart from the rotation issue, Gerbv did indeed a fine job
> on that.
> The only addition that were on my wishlist is to allow for a kind of
> output batch file that can remember which input layers to be merged
> into which output layer, so this stackup has to be defined only once,
> and then can be re-run again if needed.  I wonder whether this could
> be done using the embedded scheme interpreter?

You can make for _each_ merged layer a project file with positioning, rotation
and layer visibility. But merge function is not called from command line for
now. So each project needs to be opened in GUI and exported. Scheme (for now)
is only used to parse project files.

Gerbv-devel mailing list