As Sergey Alyoshin wrote:

> > Thus, I think the really only safe option is to compare for less than
> > a small epsilon rather than equality.
>
> Maybe for clarity check against DBL_EPSILON instead of 1e-6?

OK, I'll give that a try.  I wasn't aware such constant exists.

In theory, for a true epsilon, the difference would need to be divided
by the base value, but since all relevant base values (π/2, π·3/2) are
close enough to 1, I think this step can be skipped.

(Layer stack script)

> You can make for _each_ merged layer a project file with positioning, rotation
> and layer visibility.

That doesn't help much for panelization.  There's two kind of layer
groups: one group forming each sub-board, each using the same
translation / rotation values (to be defined / refined while
panelizing), and one group forming each output layer.  In order to be
useful, all the input layers need to be present in a single project.

Thanks for your response anyway, so at least, I know there's no easy
and obvious option I've been missing.  The merge feature itself is
already useful enough as it is now, so a „болшое спасибо“ to you for
implementing it.

Maybe I should ask again for release plans, so this nice feature could
be more publically announced. ;-)
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/