On Tue Aug 22 15:52:56 BST 2017, Hugh Reynolds wrote:
The installer failed in trying to delete perl.exe, atomicparsley.exe and
ffmpeg.exe and left me with the PVR manager reporting "Access is denied."
Those three files seem to be undeletable. I am a supervisor but even that doesn't seem to give me permission to delete those files.
Any ideas what I could do now?

Hi Hugh
First thing is you seem to have "hijacked" a previous thread, because the title of the thread you posted in (New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters - "solved") has nothing to do with your current predicament... You'd better start a new thread titled, e.g., "Windows installation/upgrade problems".

That thing aside, from looking at
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer_win32/compare/3.01.0...3.02.0

I can't spot any major changes to the Win installer...

You should begin by supplying some info on 1. The WinOS version/architecture you're using
2. The GiP version previously used (prior to updating)

First thing I'd suggest is REBOOT your machine.
After loggin back in, inspect in Task manager whether any GiP related processes are running (perl.exe, atomicparsley.exe, ffmpeg.exe) and kill them if they do... Try to first uninstall GiP from Control Panel (you may want to back up your GiP user profile found at %USERPROFILE%\.get_iplayer) followed by a reboot, then proceed with a clean re-install of GiP.

Your problem looks as if it's permissions related, or involving locked processes/files. I would recommend the Unlocker utility http://www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php which has saved the day for me on numerous occassions, but use it only if you really know what you're doing...

Hopefully a reboot will clear your issue; GiP 3.02 was only released a few days ago, if it's some bug in the installer then I'd expect more reports to come forth... At first glance it only looks as something at your end, but little do I know... If all fails, then maybe report your issue over at the support forum, where, hopefully, it'll be addressed by the maintainer himself

Regards, Vangelis.