From: get_iplayer [mailto:get_iplayer-boun...@lists.infradead.org] On Behalf
Of Vangelis forthnet
Sent: 24 August 2017 02:17
To: get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters - "solved"

 On Wed Aug 23 16:44:30 BST 2017, Hugh Reynolds wrote:

> Reboot didn't help
> Uninstall and Reboot didn't help
> iobit-unlocker helped.
>
> Clean install is now working.
>
> Many, many thanks.

 You're welcome! I'm glad you're back up and running :-) For the sake of
completeness/closure, were you even able to determine (via Unlocker) the
process(es) locking those .exe files even after a system reboot?
Doesn't make much sense to me...
Perhaps an overzealous antimalware suite?

 Using Unlocker is just a workaround;
if you do not discover the root cause
of your issue and rectify it, then there's a chance you'll revisit the issue
in the next GiP update (?) - are you able now to, e.g., send ffmpeg.exe
(temporarily) to the Recycle Bin? Just my 2p, I am not jinxing your future
GiP upgrades!

Best wishes,
Vangelis.

---