On 27/12/2019 12:58, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Interesting how I once again get the low-resolution audiodescribed
version despite those ‘Downloaded’ showing the ‘/ll’ CDN.  If I download
it a third time, adding ‘--exclude-supplier bidi’ then I upgrade again
to technical, still /ll.

     INFO: Downloaded: 55.78 MB (00:57:20) @ 63.75 Mb/s (dvfhd1/ll) [audio]
     INFO: Downloaded: 1953.86 MB (00:57:20) @ 156.31 Mb/s (dvfhd1/ll) [video]

Hi Ralph

I don't understand how using --exclude-supplier can cause a different mode to be selected, especially if get_iplayer selects Limelight in both cases..  I know the documentation says that is what you should do to force the choice of CDN and it also says you cannot rely on the numeric suffix on a sub-mode to select the same CDN each time, but I have found it pretty consistent.  Last time it was discussed it appeared that the order of CDNs varied geographically.  In my own case I have found for tv 1 is BIDI, 2 is Limelight and 3 is Akamai.  For radio 1 is Limelight and 2 is Akamai.  To force a particular CDN I use --tvmode=dvfhd3 or --tvmode=dvfxsd3

Best wishes
Richard