On 1999/Oct/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The difference between both methods is, that the copybox update, whereever
> it occurs blends smoothly with the old picture, while a change of the
> panning registers can cause the picture generation to be messed up.

        Ah, ok, well, it does what I want, its enough for me. Anyway, I will
continue reading docs and learning how to include vertical retrace support
into KGIcon, it's best (I have readed the GGI tech. docs, and it seems to be
a bit difficult).

> >     I've tested it and it's REALLY nice, now my 3D cube rotates really
> > smooth !
>
> 3D cube ? BTW - if you are into demo coding ... - have you tried the cube3d

        I'm still porting 3D routines from DOS to Linux, I have finished
flat and gouraud, and will start with zbuffer. And a Cube is the easyest
way, IMHO, for finding bugs in the ported routines, it isn't the demo itself
:-D

> demo already ? Might make for a funny/impressive extra effect at the demo show
> you are probably preparing for :-).

        2 cubes? :-)

> >     Well, maybe it came into your mind before (its very simple), but
> > none of you told me this solution...
>
> Sorry. Should have thought of it. We used it in several other programs. The

        Doesn't matter, I liked to discover it myself...
--
-> I'm ryu's random tagline generator filter for mutt <-
  _