On 1999/Oct/04, Andreas Beck wrote:

> > We never intended to be real-time, so some while not in retrace
> > schedule (); can do the job here)
>
> Be careful with that. As you get an interrupt that should be o.k., but
> schedule will come back only every 10ms on Linux/Intel, which is too slow.

        My monitor usually has a vertical frequency of 100 Hz, which is the
same, as you say, than kernel sheduling frequency. Then, you will get a
screen blinking a lot, I think. Anyway, there is another bigger problem,
IMO, that switching to kernel mode, copying data structures, and returning
back into user mode, may be too much time, and maybe when the ioctl returns,
you haven't enough time to copy your buffer.
--
In the beggining, Turing created the machine...
  _