> >     Ah, ok, well, it does what I want, its enough for me. Anyway, I will
> > continue reading docs and learning how to include vertical retrace support
> > into KGIcon, it's best (I have readed the GGI tech. docs, and it seems to be
> > a bit difficult).
> Actually, most code is already in the KGIcon ViRGE driver to support that.
> The ViRGE has completely functional vertical retrace interrupt code, but
> at the moment, nothing is done with it. Reason: I have not seen a
> mechanism to get the sync to userspace neatly. (Maybe some
> CHIP_WAITFORRECTRACE ioctl ?

CHIP_WAITRAYPOS and CHIP_GETRAYPOS. For documentation look at the LibGGIMisc
extension. Note, that you need not implement all possible cases. If you
can't support a sepcific request, an "up/downgrade" scheme like for the mode
is employed.

> We never intended to be real-time, so some while not in retrace
> schedule (); can do the job here)

Be careful with that. As you get an interrupt that should be o.k., but
schedule will come back only every 10ms on Linux/Intel, which is too slow.

The right thing would be to block much like the keyboard code does. However
we need to make up a generic interface for that, once we have a working
Linux-only implementation. Steffen's new KGI has some provisions for
interrupts at least. Haven't checked, if it has provisions for OS-blocking
functions as well.

> Want to help writing 3D accelleration in the KGIcon S3 Virge driver ?

BTW: When designing new 3D ioctls, could you check with Jon and me ?
We probably have manuals for other designs at hand and it might be helpful
for finding a really generic interface.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =