> Hello,
>
> In the README.install of kgi-991208.tgz, Steffen Seeger wrote:
> NOTE:   The board needs to be the second VGA board installed (not the boot-VGA).
>
> Steffen, is this note specific to the Permedia driver, or is it a general
> issue ?

It's a general issue. The kgim-0.9 code as well as the kgi_register_display()
code do not yet agree how to do consoles after the display driver got
loaded. Therefore, in order to have a working display after the driver
got loaded, you need to have a normal VGA the driver doesn't touch.

Alternatively you may login remotely and interact with the machine via network.

Getting KGI-0.9 far enough that porting libGGI/XGGI may start is quite
important to me at the moment, that's why I left this for 'later'.

> (One of these days, I'd like to have a look at porting the
> 546x driver to the new KGI, but I'd like the card to be the only card
> in the computer.)
>
> Rodolphe

                        Steffen