On 1999/Dec/15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Q: What videocards support -any- acceleration?
> > A: FBdev:   Matrox
> >             3Dfx/Banshee; 3Dfx/3
> >                (but it uses the tdfx driver for this and as the 3dfx and
> >                 tdfx switch the card into different modes they tend to
> >                 crash eachother... *sigh*)
> >             As far as I know none of the non-intel platforms are
> >             accelerated.  Anyone know better?
> >    KGI/FBcon: Matrox  (anyone know which driver's better?)
> >               Permedia/2 (untested)
>                 Permedia/2 - I use it about 5-8 hours daily since I created
> the driver, and it never came down on me. Accel is ioctl type and only
> fillbox,copybox.

        Add S3 Virge too, I'm using KGIcon right now, and it doesn't hang up
at all.
        I've also proved all the acceleration and except for circles, that
aren't supported at all, it seems that the card accelerates all very well.
In fact, I've posted here performance tests long time ago.
--
  _
 /_) \/ / /  email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]