Sorry for the late reply.

I was looking at the C&T a few days ago, since I wanted to get a non-Matrox
point of view on graphics cards, since I've basically only ever worked with
one matrox board or another.

Unfortunatley, the C&T code in the kgicon tree is far from complete,
basically it includes the clock and ramdac drivers, and very little chipset
code. I've been poking at the code for kgi0.9, but have no timefram or even
plans on ever completing the project, sinnce the Matrox driver is still what
I do most, and I have no C&T hardware myself anyway.