Looking over the code. It doesn't depend to heavily on open firmware like
other PowerPC drivers. Thats a go things. If you look at S3Triofb.c you
see it grabs all mode data from the prom instead of setting the mode
itself. I'm interested in seeing the patch :)

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net