>       char *ext;
>       int (*load)(void **data, char *filename);
>       int (*save)(void **data, char *filename);

This is a bit simplistic. While the extension is a good hint usually, I'd as
well include more sophisticated detection techniques.

I as well do not like teh void **data prototypes, but see below.

> /* register_bitmap_file_type:
>  *  Informs of a new image file type, telling it how to load and
>  *  save files of this format (either function may be NULL).
>  */

This should work as in LibGGI using plaintext configuration files, so that
adding modules does not involve recompiling anything.

> int load_bitmap(void **data, char *filename)

This implies, that the file will be rendered into memory as a whole. I do
not think this is good.

> int save_bitmap(void **data, char *filename)

Same here.

O.K. - I'll whip up a proposal in my next mail. Hang on.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =