Andrew Apted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Imagine this: one process using display-file to output (via mmap) a
> constantly changing image to a file.  Another process using
> display-file to read that image (again via mmap) and displaying it.
>
> There are no-doubt other ways of achieve the same thing, but could it
> get any simpler (and more intuitive) than that ?

The reading process must be specially written to do this, so it
might just as well use the image library to read the image into
a visual, and it can do that using fewer function calls than using
a bastardized file-target would. As for intuitive, I don't think
targets reading images netiher is very much intuitive or a clean
solution.

//Marcus
        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]