[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christoph Egger) writes:

> And what is the sense? (see below too!)

What I have already said several times - to do something sane instead
of an ugly kludge.

> > The ggiCheckMode() and ggiCrossBlit() in your program invokes
> > undefined behaviour, because you have not set a mode on file_vis.
> > If you did set a mode on file_vis it would be all black.
>
> No. It's not a undefined behaviour. Look:
>
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Andrew Apted wrote:
>
> > Christoph Egger writes:
> >
> > >  Is anyone here already hacking the file-target?
> >
> > No, I'm pretty sure no one is working on it.
> >
> > >  If not, I want to hack it to add support reading some file-formats
> > >  (i.e. bmp, tga, pcx).
> >
> > Go ahead, it would be good.
> >
> > Semantics wise, you should load the file at init time, & determine the
> > properties (width, height, depth).  Then make the CheckMode primitive
> > set any GGI_AUTO values to the same as the file, and make the SetMode
> > refuse any mode that doesn't match the file (unless you want to
> > support scaling/depth conversion... :->).
> >
> > Make all write primitives (putpixel, drawline, etc) fail, and only
> > support the read primitives (you will only need GetPixel_NC to get an
> > initial prototype working).

Well, Andrew is wrong. The functionality does not belong there, and
you gain nothing by putting it there.

//Marcus
        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]