On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 10:48:50PM +0100, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> > That's fine, and a good default.  If the application wants to grab the
> > mouse, it should request to do so specifically..
>
> The point is - why whould an application designed to run fullscreen
> (which all LibGGI apps are by definition) ever want to "grab the
> mouse" ?

Think fbdev...

> > I think there ought to be a method for the application to grab the mouse.
> > QuakeForge has a method for this under its option menu which isn't present
> > for the GGI target.
>
> However I'm considering adding functionality to do this. Mainly
> because no Quakeforge target should be better than the GGI one. ;-)

I will admit, before Mercury broke the input code for every target, -ggi
was my standard "I have no idea if this is gonna work or not" testbed,
mostly because it's the most likely to actually work first, and second
it's the most likely not to hose my box if it doesn't.  =>

I think GII is useful even in places where GGI isn't, personally.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<rcw> dark: caldera?
<Knghtbrd> rcw - that's not a distribution, it's a curse
<rcw> Knghtbrd: it's a cursed distribution