On Tuesday 17 December 2002 23:44, Martin Albert wrote:
> Hanging out on dubious hacker websites, like ggi-project.org and
> such, following links to stuff that interests me, i often end up
> downloading from stacken.kth.se, strange favicon, strange mackan@ ...
> :-)
>
> Eg., svgalib4libggi, ggi driver for 1.2 synaesthesia, lcd821(?).
>
> 'Hey, Marcus' was short for: In my free time i like to try to update

Not perfectly proud of it yet, but happy to announce the first result
of me trying to gain a little GGI experience (in my free time, ha!):

Synaesthesia 2.2 + GGI Driver. Based on S'2.1 by Paul Harris and the
GGI driver code for S'1.2 by Marcus Sundberg. apt-get'able: deb-src
http://home.t-online.de/home/eislink/debian unstable.

Remember this is a fully unsupported private branch based on the latest
public release 2.1 available from http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~pfh/.

I hope that the author will accept the patch, i also offer a patch to
the Debian maintainer: might become the first package using libggiwmh.

Non-Debian users may unpack the tar and apply: zcat .diff_file | patch
in the top dir. No need for the resulting debian dir? Simply remove it.

Changes: synaesthesia (2.1-2.1+2.2)
  * GGI Driver 2.2 based on Markus Sundbergs for 1.2: 8, 16 & 32 bit
    - currently LITTLEENDIAN ONLY.
  * Modify configure.in, Makefile.am, syna.h and main.cc to include
     ggi driver, main.cc and sound.cc for main mix option.

What else? The author has tubes pointing out of his head! The program
features a neat scaling UI.

Q: S'2.1 with ggi-target-x needs options -nobuf:-nocursor. How to
arrange for that from in the program? I was starting to parse the
environment for GGI_DISPLAY to evtly extend it, but that cannot quite
be the suggested method?

martin
 --
'apt-get deb-src http://home.t-online.de/home/eislink/debian unstable'
for latest and unofficial Debian GGI packages.