I have a new update of the GIMP+gmic+PhF appimage package ready for testing:
This new version comes with an improved desktop integration, which seems to
work quite well.
When enabled, the desktop integration will
* put an entry in the applications menu, called "GIMP AppImage"
* add an entry in the "Open with..." context menu of most common file managers
* let you select the appimage as the default program associated to image files
To test this new functionality, you need to:
* get the latest version from here:
* make the file executable with "chmod a+x"and run it, either from the terminal
or by double-clicking on it from your file manager
* upon the first execution,choose "Yes" when asked if you want to install a
.desktop file for the application
New versions of the appimage will automatically detect the presence of an old
.desktop file and they will prompt you for installing a new one when needed.
The only issue I've encountered so far is that when running the appimage from
the applications menu, GIMP complains with this error message: "Opening
'/tmp/.mount_2CANTA/usr/%U' failed: Error opening file: No such file or
directory". It is harmless but a bit annoying, and I have no idea how to get
rid of it...
I’ll appreciate any feedback.
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list