Tested with:
Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit) with Gnome 3.18.5, 16GB RAM, Lenovo X220 Tablet,
Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4

All works well! Does this contain the MyPaint brush library? I can't seem
to find it if it's included.

Also, I only get the message "Should a desktop file ..." on the first run,
then I'm able to run the new desktop file like I do regularly (by hitting
the Super key, and typing GIMP). The appimage only should be run once,
correct?

The only other thing is that running GIMP from the app image is much slower
than GIMP installed from repo. That's probably to be expected, I guess, but
thought it was worth mentioning. It still loads faster than Photoshop! :)

Thanks a lot for all your work, and making this available to everyone!

-C