> On 05 Aug 2016, at 13:24, C R <caj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tested with:
> Ubuntu 16.04 (64bit) with Gnome 3.18.5, 16GB RAM, Lenovo X220 Tablet, Intel®
> Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4
>
> All works well! Does this contain the MyPaint brush library? I can't seem to
> find it if it's included.

The standard my paint brushes are included in the package, and should work… did
you try to use them?

> Also, I only get the message "Should a desktop file ..." on the first run,
> then I'm able to run the new desktop file like I do regularly (by hitting the
> Super key, and typing GIMP). The appimage only should be run once, correct?

No, it is run each time, because it does not install anything apart from the
desktop file.

> The only other thing is that running GIMP from the app image is much slower
> than GIMP installed from repo. That's probably to be expected, I guess, but
> thought it was worth mentioning. It still loads faster than Photoshop! :)

This is hopefully more due to compilation flags than the appimage architecture
itself. I will try to improve optimisations in the next test version.

> Thanks a lot for all your work, and making this available to everyone!

You are welcome!

Andrea