Yes, that's what I've been doing at http://wilber.gimp.org:8192/

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 11:21:14AM +0200, Jens Lautenbacher wrote:
> I think this is desperately needed. At least until someone has come
> up with a working new system, we should fix the worst stuff on the
> old site

A very good point. I am just dropping stale/broken content right now.

> Unfortunately the web site is held together with some propietary
> strange brew of elisp code and templates some strange guy once
> invented (upps, I just remember, that was me....).

Yes, it's actually scarier than my mod_perl stuff -- at least from a
content-writer or designer's standpoint. Of course my stuff is scarier
from a programmer's perspective. *grin*

> This is for sure part of the problem someone has who just wants to
> update some parts of the site.

For boring static content, my template system looks _much_ cleaner.

I now have a Yahoo-style link database on a Postgres database working
Of course there are no interesting links yet, and there is no editing
interface for the links ... but it works. I am very happy to point out
that the navigation on the left-hand side of the page is generated
from the titles of static pages and from the Postgres database. The
navigation-tree-generator traverses all page-generating objects.

I'm just going to keep hacking on my stuff as I have time and if
someone wants to help out with content or design or something then
they're welcome to it. If my code isn't used for www.gimp.org I will
just put it on www.gimp.ca so I won't be offended if it is ignored.

   Tom Rathborne     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/   |
 I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my  | H
 complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the | A
 greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you. | L