Hi Leonard,

I think if you make sure to check the version of the XCF, this will be
exceptionally useful to users of ImageMagick.  Its not at all an uncommon
request on gimp-user or the gimp newsgroup.  Batch conversion is still best
handled via the commandline, and having the ability to use gimp's working
format is a big bonus.

It makes us bump the version number when we upgrade the image format, but we
try to do that anyway.

Now, I don't expect it to be easy to implement (involving significant chunks of
the core, as Sven mentioned), but if you've got that covered please do add it!

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess