On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Raphael Quinet wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Dec 2001, Marc wrote:
>  > > ImageMagick has NO license.  The only thing we say is:
> [...]
>  > In any case, my version of ImageMagick (older, 5.3.6) does have a license
>  > (in Copyright.txt).
>  >
>  > (and I think it is very much BSD-like).
>
> Right.  And I was wrong in my previous comment: the license is BSD-like
> but without the advertising clause.  So it is compatible with the GPL
> and therefore the code could be re-used in the Gimp if necessary.

(Although it *does* mean that ImageMagick had better not be using
any GIMP code to help out it's decode/display of XCF's or it'll be
in breach of GPL)

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.link.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.sjbaker.org