>> >abort? I've never heard about that problem before, seems to be OSF1
>> >specific.

>> Probably, but I don't understand it. Maybe this comes from one
>> specificity of OSF1, i.e. libc.so is in /usr/shlib, not in /usr/lib. The
>> "abort" entry point is mentioned in libglib-2.0.so. Maybe the fix should
>> occur in the glib configuration ?

>you should try to run the tests that come with the glib-2.0 tarball.
>If you get problems there you should definitely report them using
>bugzilla.gnome.org against the glib module.

In the tests directory of glib, "make check-TESTS" immediately fails
because of the same problem:

zenon(~/src/Gnome2-rc1/Install/glib-2.0.6/tests) : make check-TESTS      mer 21
/bin/ksh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT  -o array-test
array-test.o  ../glib/libglib-2.0.la  -liconv -lintl -liconv
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -o .libs/array-test array-test.o
../glib/.libs/libglib-2.0.so -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lc
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
creating array-test
/bin/ksh ../libtool --mode=link c++  -g -O2  -o cxx-test  cxx-test.o
../glib/libglib-2.0.la  -liconv -lintl -liconv
c++ -g -O2 -o .libs/cxx-test cxx-test.o  ../glib/.libs/libglib-2.0.so -L/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lc /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/bin/ld:
Unresolved:
abort
free
malloc
strcmp
strlen
bcopy
bzero
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cxx-test] Error 1
zsh: 6768 exit 2     make check-TESTS

I will report the problem as soon as bugzilla.gnome.org accepts to
answer me.

>> >you should install a suitable XftConfig file to make the text tool happy.
>> >On the other hand since the text tool is almost unuseable it's not that
>> >important...

>> I must confess I don't even know what XftConfig is...

>the font configuration for Xft, the next-generation X font rendering.
>The text tool uses it since PangoFT2 shares the configuration file
>with the Xft backend. This means you need to configure Xft even though
>your X server doesn't have support for it.

I will try this.

>> >I'd suggest you temporarily move the plug-ins directory away and check
>> >if gimp works w/o any plug-ins. If that works you could reinstall some
>> >simpler plug-ins and test them. Perhaps only script-fu is broken for
>> >you.

>> I did exactly that. Finally, only script-fu seems to be broken. I get
>> some unaligned accesses, maybe because the Alpha is a true 64-bit
>> processor.

>we definitely need to fix this problem. Could you please file a
>bug-report for it at bugs.gimp.org?

Same remark as before. The problem seems to occur always at the same
place, for example when I update the preview of an image, or when I
select an image whose preview has already been selected, or when I open
an image.

--

                        Olivier Lecarme