On 11/26/02 08:56, Sven Neumann wrote:

"Christopher W. Curtis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On 11/25/02 06:23, Sven Neumann wrote:
> position using plain GDK, but I think there's still no way to warp the
> pointer to a different screen location.

It's been quite some time since I've done any X programming, but I
recall having a function that would bound the pointer within a
box. Should this exist, you could bound the cursor and then release
it, perhaps after a motion event (I'm not sure how immediately the
bounding event happened).  :-\
please keep in mind that we don't do any X programming here; we need
a GDK equivalent. IIRC, you can confine the pointer into a GdkWindow
when calling gdk_pointer_grab(). However I did not understand your
argumentation above. Are you saying that we should try to warp the
pointer by using this functionality?
I think "should" is too strong a word. You said that there was no way to do it. Well, this might be a way. An ugly hack, perhaps, but a way. If you really wanted to do it and had no other means to ...

Whether or not this *should* be done I'll leave up to you.