On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nathan Carl Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Fullscreen mode was added to be able to view the image in a neutral
> environment w/o being distracted by any user interface elements.
> Adding a menubar would completely ruin this effort.

I'm sure any UI expert you talk to (or really, anyone who thinks about it
for twelve seconds) will tell you that putting up a fullscreen image
without any obvious method of exiting is likely to inspire panic in the
user, who doesn't know how to get out.

> The fact that you can edit the image in full-screen mode and that we
> even decided to allow you to tweak what gets hidden and what not is
> just an additional nicety and I'm actually tempted to remove it.

Don't!  Fullscreen mode is useful for more than that.  It is nice when
working on a large image, or a smaller image with high magnification, to
get rid of superfluous stuff like the window decoration, but in that case
the user may still want to use of the stuff that would otherwise be
hidden.

Rockwalrus