Alan Horkan wrote:

I feel that way too, unfortunately it is so hard not to react in the same
way and get off the downward spiral.  I only very grudginly subscribed to
the developer list at all.

I feel that the active lead developer(s) need to admit this is not a
democracy and be the bad guy, be the benevolent dictator, be the leader
and take decisions that move the GIMP forward.

I like the 'benevolent dictator' model for OpenSource management - it works well in so many projects - ranging from tiny three man projects right up to the Linux kernel itself.

It's really hard to come to a firm decision in a timely manner in an
environment where everyone's voice counts equally...doubly so if things
get ugly.

The art is to find a dictator who actually *is* benevolent.

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.link.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.sjbaker.org