On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 12:32:28 +0200, Michael Natterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> RaphaŽl Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > we are planning for
> > 1.3.21 soon (not ready for 2.0rc1 yet)
> We cannot make a 2.0 release candidate until libgimp is API frozen.
> Apart from that, current CVS is more stable and more consistent than
> it was at the time we released 1.2, so actually we could release 2.0
> at any time.

Yes, both of these are good points.

> > and the web site hasn't been
> > moved.
> You know my opinion about this.
> I totally agree and still wonder why we still have that old website.
> While we have good reasons to delay 2.0 release candidates, I fail
> to see a single reason for further web site moving delays.

Yes.  The site should move as soon as possible.  The remaining problems
with the new site have been fixed more than a week ago, and the gimp-web
team has been waiting since then for the site to be moved.

> > I suggest to create that branch immediately after the 1.3.21 release.
> > What do you think?
> No.

OK.  It makes more sense to create that branch once 2.0 is released.
I just wanted to know what you would think about creating a branch
earlier.  While this could be a good idea for a larger project with
more resources, this seems to be a stupid idea of the GIMP.  Thanks
for your feedback.  ;-)

Gimp-developer mailing list

Reply via email to