Subject: [GUG] CMYK under Gimp.
Date: Tuesday 18 November 2003 17:10
From: Alastair Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I hacked together a plugin some time ago that uses the LCMS
 colour-management library to convert images from RGB to CMYK, using
 ICC profiles.

Since the GIMP currently has no method of storing CMYK image data
 internally, I create a collection of layers, one for each channel,
 and use a custom save routine to create a CMYK TIFF from the layers.

The plugin can be found here:

While there's plenty of room for improvement, the plugin as it stands
 (with its source code) may give you some insight into what would be
 required for a more permanent solution...

All the best,
Alastair M. Robinson

 -- You know you've been hacking too long when...
...you wake up at 3:00am from a nightmare, and realize the reason for
 it: There is no #include <stdio.h> in the beginning of the dream!!!
 This realized, back to restful sleep...