Hi Shrinivas,

Shrinivas Kulkarni wrote:
Therefore I got pkg-config-0.15.0 and tried building it first, unfortunately
it is giving some compiler errors. Is there any place where I can get
precompile binaries for pkg-config. I am really running short of time,
therefore I do not think I should spend more time on this. I am following
the instructions from
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp/MicrosoftWindows in order to
build GIMP.

You can get everything you need to build the GIMP from source at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/ - this has zips containing DLLs, header files, lib files, etc. There are pointers for binary downloads of everything you need, including build tools from GNUWin. You might also consider using the Dropline builds of GTK+ 2.2.x, these install DLLs "properly" for Win32, and there are instructions on their site for building stuff using them.

Cheers,
Dave.

PS: Please note that I've never managed to get a full GIMP build on Win32, although it's almost a year since I last tried. I have always had linker problems.

--
Dave Neary