Hi,

It might interest some of you that I have build a Gimp 2.0pre2 Mandrake
9.2 AMD64 package and created an RPM file for it. It runs on any
Mandrake 9.2 AMD64 installation and is so far very stable and fast.

If you want to, you can put the link on your gimp.org website so people
can download it, given that it's on my university server, traffis
doesn't really matter and it's also pretty fast.
The URL to download it:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jungowsk/mdkexp/gimp2/gimp-2.0pre2-1mdk.x86_64.rpm

I cannot tell whether it'll work with SuSE 9.0 AMD64 but I can tell for
sure, that it will not work with any 32-bit OS since it's a 64-bit
application built for AMD's Opteron/Athlon64-FX/Athlon64. If you need
more information, just ask and like I said, if you want to put the url
on gimp.org for people to download it, feel free to do so.

Martin