Hash: SHA1

On Monday 03 May 2004 17:02, Ernst Lippe wrote:
> I think that I have found cause of the Stephan's problem.
> My plugin used GTK-2, so in the makefiles I had to use some
> tricks to get the correct include path and libraries. I could
> not directly use the output of the old gimptool, because that used
> the wrong GTK versions.

Hello Ernst!

yes, that seems right.
gimptool caused problems during configure and I tried several workarounds that 
seemed to work in the first place but this was some kind of wishful thinking.

> I did not have time to look at the patch at sourceforge, but it seems like
> Stephan is linking with the old version of the libgimp libraries. The
> obvious solution is to simply use the outputs from gimptool-2 instead of my
> hacked version. I am afraid that I don't have the time right now to suggest
> a good solution (anyhow I don't have Gimp-2 installed, so I can't test any
> modifications).

I just checked with ldd as Sven suggested and here's the output:

      libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x40033000)
        libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x40288000)
        libatk-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0x402f7000)
        libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0x40310000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x40324000)
        libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 (0x40346000)
        libpangox-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0 (0x40367000)
        libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0x40374000)
        libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x403a7000)
        libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x403dc000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x403e1000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x403e5000)
        libgimp-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgimp-1.2.so.0 (0x4044f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x42000000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40470000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x4054e000)
        libXi.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6 (0x40553000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x4055b000)
        libXft.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2 (0x40569000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x4057b000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x40583000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x405aa000)
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x405fc000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
        libglib-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0 (0x4060a000)
        libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x4062f000)

I understand it links against libgimp-1.2 which is apparently wrong.
Jean-Luc meanwhile sent me a compiled binary and refocus is running now with 
my gimp2 which is great and I can continue my work. However, I will try to 
work more on the problem and I will post a solution when I found it.
Thank you so far!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)

Gimp-developer mailing list

Reply via email to