Hi,

Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If we do this right, then we can change libgimpprint to our heart's
> content and the GIMP plugin will go merrily on its way, without ever
> having to be recompiled or relinked.  When the GIMP supports 16 bits,
> only the plugin needs to change, and that would be owned by the GIMP.
> If we add color management, then as long as we don't rely on the GIMP
> for any of that there should be no problem.  Then when we go to 5.2 or
> even 6.0 or whatever GIMP users shouldn't have to worry about an
> upgrade.

I doubt that you can foresee any changes that might be needed in the
future so I am not completely sharing your optimistic view on this.
But in general it seems like the right thing to do. Nevertheless I'd
like to have a look at the proposed libgimpprint-gtk2 API before it's
finalized. Could you please post a header file here?

Sven