On Monday 24 May 2004 09:26, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nathan Carl Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > There are a lot of image applications that perodically update the
> > preview.  In fact, this is essentially what the gimp color balance tools
> > do -- load a large image and adjust the sliders intermittantly and you
> > can watch the previews go by.
>
> Sure, but the question is if we expect the small preview area of a
> plug-in to behave in that way? I'd say the answer is no.

Why? The primary function of the preview is to preview the effects
of certain parameters on the image. It seems only logical that
the preview updates as soon as possible after a parameter change.
When the plug-in algorithm is fast enough, I see no reason why
the preview should not be updated automatically. The only
alternative that I see is to have some separate "Update preview" button,
but that is just awkward for the user.

Ernst Lippe