Quoting Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I do think however that we
> should give us a little bit more time and try to get the following
> done during the next weeks:
>  - add more plug-in previews
>  - try to make the previews scale with the dialog
>  - implement color management as was discussed earlier
>  - fix unit handling and resize / scale dialogs
>  - allow for better layer positioning / alignment
>  - integrate the metadata editor that Raphael is working on
>  - finish and fix whatever is unfinished or broken
> I would suggest we attempt to get a 2.2 prerelease out by the end of
> this month or early in october. Given the fact that the tree is fairly
> stable, we should then be able to deliver 2.2.0 by the end of october.

Sounds good. I think that we will be in a good position to see in a couple of
weeks time whether these features are going to be in 2.2 or not - if there
haven't been any commits in a 2.1.5 release or whatever for color management,
for example, it is probably best not to wait for it. A pre-release in a month
or  so sounds good.


Dave Neary
Lyon, France
Gimp-developer mailing list

Reply via email to