Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Your change dramatically changed the picture.

That surprises me, but there is obviously a lot I have to learn about
threads. Thanks for testing my changes.

> However dithering on is still loosing quite a bit on this SMP
> machine....

Dithering makes heavy use of GRand and as long as the random number
generator is shared between the threads... I wonder if it actually
makes sense to add the overhead of per-thread data initialization or
if we should rather replace the use of a random number generator with
a pre-calculated dither pattern. That would improve the
single-threaded case as well.