Hi,

I consider to change what GIMP uses the Space key for and would like
to get some user feedback on this. Currently, pressing the Space key
temporarily switches to the move tool. This is sometimes convenient
but I am not sure if it is all that useful.

Another image manipulation program, which GIMP is frequently being
compared to, uses the Space key to offer the functionality that GIMP
has bound to the middle mouse button: panning the image display. Since
not everyone has a middle mouse button (especially on tablet pens), it
might be a good idea to follow that example. If we did that, pressing
Space would keep the current tool but the cursor would change to a
hand symbol and one could drag the image display (not the content!)
using the mouse.

Any opinions on that, anyone?